The CU Power & Energy research laboratory hosts state of the art modelling, measuring and characterisation equipment dedicated for research on semiconductors and power electronics. This includes a facility for:
Electrical characterisation of packaged and on wafer devices
– Keysight B1505A Power Device Analyzer for Current Voltage (IV) and Capacitance-Voltage (CV) characterisation of packaged devices up to 3kV, 500A, 200C.
– High voltage probe station
Switching performance evaluation
– Double pulse evaluation boards.
– High voltage power supplies up to 7kV.
Device modelling and simulation
– Industry leading Technology Computer Aided Design suite.
– High performance workstations and computing cluster.